COVID-19: Response & Resources
The COVID-19 pandemic has further exposed the importance of consumers having access to care at home and providing them with options to access that care. Since 1977, the PCA's mission has been to support the consumer - directed model of care, which emphasizes the consumer's choice and the rights of caregivers who serve those consumers.
What is the consumer-directed model of care?
The consumer-directed model of care is based on the idea of consumer choice in home care options and gives consumers the right to make decisions and direct the care needed. The principal advantages of consumer-directed care are that it costs less to the consumer, the caregivers typically earn more, it allows consumers to individually select caregivers, it provides greater continuity in caregiver relationships, and it supports caregiver entrepreneurship.
The following information is intended as insight and resources to home care registries and those they service throughout the community to assist in combating the coronavirus and keeping our most vulnerable population safe!
***Check back daily as more information will continuously added***
- PCA LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY
- PCA COMMUNICATIONS
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR PUBLISHES GUIDANCE ON PANDEMIC UNEMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE
- Our response to COVID-19: Stay at home emergency orders may require letters for essential workers.
- DOL Publishes More Guidance for Workers and Employers Explaining Paid Sick Leave, Expanded Family and Medical Leave Benefits
- DOL Wage & Hour Division Release Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Notification Poster
- Federal Government Response to Coronavirus - Hollrah Memorandum to Private Care Assocation
- FLORIDA STATE COMMUNICATIONS
- FL AHCA NOTICE: Additional Prior Authorization and Claims Payment Requirements for Providers Rendering Services in the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Program
- FL AHCA NOTICE: Trainings Available Through the CDC for Health Care Providers
- FL AHCA NOTICE: Visitor Restriction Emergency Order Remains in Place
- ACTIVE LISTING OF GOVERNOR RON DESANTIS' EXECUTIVE ORDERS
- FL AHCA NOTICE: AHCA NOTICE: Update regarding denied entry to ALFs & SNFs
- Highlights from Governor Ron DeSantis’ COVID-19 Press Conference on 4/6/2020
- FL AHCA NOTICE: expanding the provider types eligible to render LTC services
- Highlights from Governor Ron DeSantis’ COVID-19 Press Conference on 3/30/2020
- FL AHCA NOTICE: the Agency has issued Emergency Order AHCA No. 20-001 for Health Care Provider Background Screenings
Are you a home care registry and ready to join PCA’s mission to preserve the original model of private duty home care, promote the interests of self-employed caregivers and families who choose the consumer-directed model of care?